First Look: Hot Wheels Snoopy...


Good Grief.

Trying to write something about every car we feature is hard enough, now I have to write about Peanuts characters.  Here is what I recollect about Peanuts:

  • Charlie has serious bouts with depression.
  • There is a guy who is really dusty.
  • There is a guy who must have back problems now because of the way he slouches over a tiny piano.
  • Something about missing football kicks.
  • Something about cheap counseling.
  • The Charlie Brown kids sing an awesome Christmas song.
  • My wife does the best Peanuts dance I have seen a real person do.
  • I love the theme music.
There is probably a lot more, but most of my Peanuts experience revolved around watching holiday-themed specials, and that is what I remember.  I don't remember too much about Snoopy, other than he didn't speak (refreshing), and was a very confident pooch.

I have no idea if Snoopy ever drag raced his doghouse.  I do know there was a ridiculous Snoopy-inspired Jaguar Drag Racer that would make a great Vintage Racer if Hot Wheels ever brought back the line:



But we are here to talk about this little surprise Hot Wheels car that no one knew was coming.  Like I stated before, I know nothing of the context, but I can answer some questions about the casting:
  • House is metal, base is plastic.
  • Snoopy is removable, and he is soft plastic.
Oh, that is it.  I thought I would have tons of bullet points about it.  But alas, I don't.  Castings like these are cool additions to the Hot Wheels line, although not my cup of tea.  We are only a few weeks away from "Got the Nova Super and picked up all 17 Snoopys!" on the forums, and we will look forward to not caring.

(I have been asked where I got this Snoopy we are showcasing.  I got it from this ebay seller who got Batch J early, and still has quite a few models.  It might be worth saving him as a seller...)


Hot Wheels Snoopy (2014 New Models):













No comments:

Post a Comment