2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring Long-Term Update 2

By Nate Martinez | Photos By Motor Trend Staff | April 07, 2014  |   My second Subaru Care service was just as painless as the first. When it reached more than 15,000 miles, the technicians at Frank Subaru in San Diego replaced my 2.5-liter's 0W-20 oil, oil filter, and oil plug gasket; checked and topped off all fluids; and rotated my freshly filled tires. That's number two of four free services done. During my dealer visit, I shuffled through the Forester's accessories catalog. That's not a good idea if you're not looking to spend any money. But I gave in, adding cross rails ($180) and Yakima bike carrier ($195) to my standard roof rack; a gunmetal grille at the nose ($430); wind deflectors to passenger windows ($100); and a much-needed cargo cover ($170). All told, it was a $1357 shopping spree (including $186 in labor and $96.73 in taxes). A lot of dough, I know, but the accessories will be of great use to me, an outdoorsy type who likes to roll with his windows down and throw dirty kicks in the trunk. The cargo cover will keep goodies cool and my mind at ease. But once up to speed, there is now more wind noise thanks to that cool Yakima bike carrier. Doh. More on our long-term 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5T Touring: Dealer Pricing Research & Reviews Loan Quote Select Make Select Model

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment